Hey, folks, this is my first (but hopefully not last)
contribution to the cookbook project: my own special brand of taco meat! I've been
meaning to upload it for a while. It's pretty spicy because I like jalapeños, but
you can tone it down if you want to. If you're wondering why I don't contribute
more, it's probably because I don't know how to cook much else!
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- Soy and Basque sauce
- 1/3 c. minced mushrooms
- 1/3 c. minced green peppers
- 1 sliced green jalapeño
- 1 slice of minced yellow onion
- Fill a small tupperware tray halfway with warm water and put in the mushrooms, peppers,
onions and sliced jalapeño with a touch of Basque or soy sauce as desired for flavoring.
- Brown the meat, seasoning as desired, until it is mostly cooked.
- Drain the meat and add the mushrooms, peppers and onions.
- Continue browning until the meat and vegetables are fully cooked and/or the water
- Drain the meat again if necessary and serve it in taco shells and/or warm tortillas.
It makes about four servings.
|E-mail our webmaster
with your comments.
Last updated: March 13, 1998
|Copyright © 1997 - 1998, J. D. Colón and
All rights reserved