Tonight I was eating a piece of my Zucchini Bread that I just
love and could eat the whole loaf myself and I remembered that I wanted to send the recipe
for the Family Cookbook. I think it's delicious. Sometime ago I made it to take to church
for some activity we had, and everyone liked it, so to those members of the family that
haven't tasted my Zucchini Bread yet I would say, "try it, you'll like it". So
here it is:
Ruthy's Zucchini Bread
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Veg. Oil (I use Crisco Oil)
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 Cups Grated Zucchini, drain
- ¼ Tps. Baking Powder
- 2 Tps. Baking Soda
- 1 Tbsp. Cinnamon
- 1 Tps. Salt
- 1 Cup Raisins
- 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- Beat eggs until frothy. Beat in sugar, oil and vanilla. Continue beating
mixture until thick and lemon colored.
- Stir in loosely packed grated zucchini and the flour sifted with
cinnamon, baking soda, salt and baking power.
- Stir in raisins and nuts and mix in batter. Pour into two oiled and
floured (8 x
4½ x 3) loaf pans and bake in a preheated oven at 350º degrees for 1 hour.
- Loaves are done when a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and
Let cool in pans 10 minutes; invert on rack to finish cooling. ENJOY!
|E-mail our webmaster
with your comments.
Last updated: March 13, 1998
|Copyright © 1997 - 1998, J. D. Colón and
All rights reserved